3rd Degree Black Belt
Field Hockey Team
|Hair color:||Strawberry blonde|
|First appearance:||Chaos 102|
|Portrayed by:||Kelly Sheridan|
Theresa "The Fighter", is the descendant of Theseus. Theresa is 16 years old and her father, who owns cattle ranches across Canada. She is very wealthy and is used to the finer things in life, as she was test-driving her new sports car when the envoys from Cronus and Olympia arrived and was noticeably less than enthusiastic about the dorm rooms. Theresa earned a black belt in taekwondo at 12 years old and has excellent fighting skills. She has a natural sense of direction, as well as a sixth sense, enabling her to sometimes foresee the outcome of events.
Theresa is also is a talented lyre player, something she is very reluctant to admit to others. Like Atlanta, she also plays on Olympus High's field hockey team. She is portrayed as second-in-command to Jay and assumes leadership duties when Jay is incapacitated. Her mentor is Persephone.
Theresa is 16 years old. Theresa's dad owns cattle ranches across Canada causing him to be preoccupied with his work leading to a lack of attention towards Theresa. Theresa's family is extremely wealthy, therefore she is used to the finer things in life, much like her mentor Persephone. She was test-driving her new sports car which was a birthday present from her father when the envoys from Cronus and Olympia arrived and was noticeably less than enthusiastic about the Olympia dorms. Theresa earned a black belt in taekwondo at 12 years old, she has excellent fighting skills and is usually armed with nunchucks.
Theresa has natural sense of direction as well as a sixth sense, is intuitive, superstitious, and hates doing anything without consulting her horoscope. She has a spiritual connection that acts as a sixth sense and is akin to some form clairvoyance or psychometry, enabling her to tap into the unseen forces of 'magic' in the world and sometimes foresee the outcome of Cronus' schemes and the Olympians' plans or detect danger.
Her Psychic Abilities have since further developed, including telepathic and telekinetic powers, which has helped The Chosen Ones more than once. Theresa has a heart connection to her mentor, Persephone.
Reaching her breaking point from becoming disillusioned by the constant fighting with Cronus, Teresa had begun subconsciously tapping into her "Primal Force" and manifested a purple Spector, an avatar of her powers, capable of moving individually and independently from her following her subconscious wishes and desires. As seen where due to Theresa being fed up with the Gods, the Spector had begun stealing their powers and transforming them into mortals and upon Teresa becoming aware of her true powers and embracing them, Theresa could now even access the stolen abilities of the gods and use them as if they where her own.
This is seen where she accessed the powers of Cronus, Hephaestus, Poseidon, Zeus and Hermes, which then gave her the power to manipulate the ocean and water, create portals, manipulate time, conjure and control fire, conjure godly weapons, manipulate the weather, conjure lightning bolts, as well as imbuing a normal crab with immense power and control it to fight for her. Additionally, Theresa had also stolen the powers of Ares, Athena, Hera and Persephone but was never seen using them.
She was introduced with Odie as the sixth and fifth teens discovered respectively. Theresa is a 16 year old and her father, who owns cattle ranches across Canada, is very preoccupied with his work and his lack of attention to anything else annoys her. She is very wealthy and is used to the finer things in life, much like her mentor Persephone, as she was test-driving her new sports car, which was a birthday present from her father when the envoys from Cronus and The Gods arrived and was noticeably less than enthusiastic about the Olympia dorms.
In the Season Finale, Theresa is pushed too far by The Gods, her psychic abilities transcend to a new level of power and take a mental toll on her, causing her powers to go out of control in the form of a phantom, which goes on to drain the powers of Ares, Athena, Cronus, Hephaestus, Hera, Persephone, Hercules, Hermes, Zeus and Poseidon. Theresa's added frustration and selfishness get the better of her, creating a creature called The Phantom from her very subconscious and deluding her into thinking that the Gods are manipulating them like puppets. Manipulated her to go after Zeus to free herself from the Gods at the cost of harming her friends.
She starts draining the powers of the gods - at first unintentionally - thinking it will free her and the others from the Prophecy, and allow her and Jay to be together. She even managed to drain the powers of Cronus, which helped The Chosen Ones to defeat him, fulfilling the Oracle's prophecy. After draining Zeus, she declares that she and Jay are free now.
Jay is horrified by the notion that killing Theresa may be the only option, as suggested by Hera. Jay tells her that he can't kill her and tries to convince her to give up the gods' powers before they destroy her, but his efforts are in vain. The Phantom part of her attacks Jay, causing her to realize that she has gone too far. Before her power overwhelms her, she apparently dies. Jay revives her with a kiss, Theresa turns back to normal, and the gods regain their powers.
She has strong feelings for Jay. There are many hints throughout the series indicating that the creators are leaning on them as a couple, especially given that they are frequently seen together. She is deeply concerned about him and shows determination to save him when he was killed in Road to Hades. But his determination to thwart Cronus has led her to feel frustrated towards him. They share a passionate kiss in the finale.
- Theresa's birthday is either very late December or early January, based on the events of Chaos 101 and Chaos 102. Chaos 101 takes place on January 1st and January 2nd. When Theresa meets the group on January 3rd in [haos 102, she tells the other heroes that she recently received a brand new car for her birthday. Jay wishes her happy birthday and she doesn't correct him, so it's possible her birthday is January 3rd or she simply didn't correct him and it was slightly earlier/later if she didn't receive the car on the actual day of her birthday.
- In Chaos 103, she implies that she doesn't find Neil attractive, which is reinforced in The Nature of Things when she seems disturbed when he puts an arm around her. In Forget Me Not after losing her memory, Atlanta remarks that Neil is kind of cute, but Theresa says she doesn't trust any male that dresses better than her.
- She describes The Brownstone as 'cozy' on her first visit in Chaos 102.
- Neil calls her "T" for short in The Nature of Things but this is never referenced again in the series.
- She has strong feelings for Jay, and they share a passionate kiss in the finale.
- Original designs of Theresa depicted her as a more youthful and playful character with a red and white shirt, in place of her standard red scarlet tank top.
- Kirby Morrow (Jay) and Kelly Sheridan (Theresa) also played each other's love interests in Barbie and the Nutcracker, as well as in the English dub of the anime series InuYasha.
- Gary calls her "Barbie" in Cronus' Flying Circus, which may be in reference to Kelly Sheridan's most prominent voice acting role in her career, Barbie.